SESAME PEANUT NOODLES WITH VEGETABLES
by Johanna Thompson
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 green onions, white and green parts sliced and separated
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned or shaved
- 1/3 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped skinless roasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Peanut Dressing (recipe below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sesame seeds in a pie tin and toast in the oven until light golden in color, 4 to 6 minutes, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain, reserving some of the starchy pasta water, rinse and set aside.
- Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and with the Peanut dressing (recipe below).
- Add sauteéd vegetables and top with the chopped peanuts, cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, and a pinch of THAI GINGER LEMONGRASS.
- Serve as a main or side dish, or top with Spicy Thai Steak (recipe in The Saltiness Blog).
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (cashew, almond, or sunflower can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tsp THAI GINGER LEMONGRASS Salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Place the nut butter in a large measuring cup and microwave to soften, 15 seconds.
- Whisk in with the soy sauce, THAI GINGER LEMONGRASS Salt, vinegar, canola oil, ginger, honey, Sriracha, sesame oil and lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Thin with the starchy pasta water if needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. (Dressing should be thick, but pourable.)