SPICY THAI STEAK
by Johanna Thompson
- 2 tablespoons + 1 pinch Pixie Dust Salts Thai Ginger Lemongrass
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce or Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 3 pounds flank steaks
- Take steaks out of refrigerator and rub all over with Thai Ginger Lemongrass salt. Let sit while you prepare the marinade.
- Marinade. In a mini food processor, pulse garlic, chile and fish sauces, the lemon and lime zests and oil until smooth.
- Rub the marinade on the steaks and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. MAKE AHEAD and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Light a grill. Grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until medium-rare, about 6 minutes for skirt steak and 12 minutes for the flank. Lightly sprinkle 1 pinch Thai Ginger Lemongrass salt over meat. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain and serve with Sesame Peanut Noodles (recipe in the The Saltiness Blog).